Ten very unusual facts of roofing Monroe:
1. Tiles made of concrete or clay are resistant to extreme weathers, just like metal. The roofs that are made up of clay tiles or concrete tiles are very long-lasting and durable. However, they are also very heavy and hard to install (not to mention time taking too).
2. Tiles can even stay intact in extreme weather conditions like extreme summers (heat makes clay or concrete even more hard and resilient). There is a vast variety of tiles, including tiles that look like metal, wood, or slates from which you can choose according to liking and according to the matching of your house or any other building. But, before installing these tiles on your roof, you should make sure that your roof is strong enough to hold this kind of weight and won’t collapse under it because tiles can be tough when putting together on the whole roof.
3. When it comes to metal roofs, you can use various products like steel roofs, aluminum roofs, tile roofs, or copper roofs. Metal roofs are generally durable and are available in much variety of designs. The price of metal roofs vary because the metal you choose (steel, copper, tile, etc.) and the design you want will determine its price; they can be very pricy or not pricy at all (depends on your choice).
4. Metal roofing is durable (can live up to 50 years or more) and are made from recycled products which makes them good for the environment, they are also light and very easily installed on the roofs and because they are light it is also easy to repair them.
5. Asphalt shingles are the most popular and loved material used in roofing Monroe. More than 75% of people in Monroe use asphalt shingles on their roofs. They are so popular because they are durable (for their life span can last for more than 25 years), have a variety of color and style and range and mainly because they look super nice and decent on the roofs. The price of the asphalt shingles varies from variety to variety, but generally, they are not expensive.
6. The Asphalt shingles are made up of petroleum products, so they are not at all eco-friendly, but now people realize the threat of these shingles on the environment, and they have started to recycle the old shingles which are popularly used today for new road making (it’s amazing how something old is used to create something new). It is also easy to repair the shingles
7. As we all know that slates are very beautiful and there is no that slates are exceptionally durable and long-lasting as they can fight even the most terrible weathers; they can stay intact for a maximum of 100 years. Moreover, it is pretty much easy to repair the slates.
8. Slates are very heavy, so make sure that your house can withstand that much weight and also do not install slates in high heat areas (preferable) because it can lower its life span. Slates are made naturally, so they are recyclable and eco-friendly products.
9. Wooden shakes and shingles are the best because wooden roofs look great and create the property looks and feel of a rustic or vintage cottage. The trees whose shakes and shingles that people of Monroe prefer for their roofs are a southern pine tree, cedar trees, and redwood trees. However; there is a drawback of a wooden roof that they can easily catch fire until you cover them with fire-resistant coat only than they become safe (still not entirely safe).
10. The wood roofs are also not very durable; they can stay up to 25 years, but during that time they can rot, mold or develop splinters because of which they require constant maintenance and can cause hindrance in roofing Monroe.