Small animals are more susceptible to injuries, fractures, or wounds when they meet an accident. Therefore, booking an appointment with the veterinarian is mandatory when your small pet has an injury. Veterinary surgeons use numerous surgical procedures to treat various animal fractures and wounds.
During all surgical processes, surgeons need different surgical tool kits. Surgical scissors are the hand extensions of veterinary surgeons. This article is about types of surgical scissors. So let’s start with a basic understanding of surgical scissors.
Main Components of Scissors
- Ring handles
- Box lock
- Box lock pin
- Blade jaws
Why Do Surgeons Need Perfectly Sized Scissors?
Why Are There Multiple Types of Scissors?
- Sharp or blunt tips
- Serrated or non-serrated blades
- Finger-ring handle designs
- Manufacturing material
- Straight or curved jaws
- Super sharp Mayo dissecting scissors curved - Tungsten Carbide
- Super sharp Metzenbaum scissors curved – Tungsten Carbide
- Spencer stitch scissors 3 1/2" color coated